06 August 2013

Conflict Between Dictionaries

Friend
Noun:
1. a person with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically one exclusive of sexual or family relations.
2. a familiar or helpful thing
3. a person who supports a particular cause or organization
4. (in battle) an ally

A bond of mutual affection? No. A familiar? Yes. Helpful thing? Big no. Supportive? You are the very definition of abandon. In battle, an ally? It would not happen in a million years. So you are a friend of mine? You have a bad record there!

Oh, you are my best friend now?

Best
Adjective:
1. of the most excellent or desirable type or quality
Adverb
1. to the highest degree
Noun
1. (the best) that which is the most excellent or desirable

When YOU came to my house for dinner, the concoction of these two words wont get you a nice calamari salad. I promise you that. So let me pronounce it. I am you best friend? According to you i guess. You are my best friend? Speak for myself, null.

No comments: